Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Frustration

So today I'm blogging my frustration. I'm at the end of my rope. My wits are fried. The devil has ahold of my day and I don't know how to take it back. All of my frustrations are bubbling to the surface and I feel like crying. How do I go on from here? 

The child is a walking contradiction today. Everything is making her upset, every subject is the one she hates 'the most'. I'll explain what to do and she'll say 'what? I don't know what you mean?' or 'I didn't hear you." when I clearly know she did. She is trying to make me insane. It is definitely a test of wills.

It's at these moments I don't know what to do. My tendency is to talk to her about her attitude, which she resists. I then assign a punishment for the continued problem (ie: extra chores, grounding) and I try to move on. I finally gave up today and said school was done until she got up and did all her chores. And maybe the chores would work the attitude right out of her. Then she is like 'okay, I'll do them.' I don't know how to respond to that. She is talking in a manner of 'no problem, I don't care what you say, you're not upsetting me with chores.' You know the attitude. UGH. She wasn't saying 'okay' because she was happy.

Every time she has a problem with her schooling and attitude I'm at a loss. I feel like stopping the subject she doesn't want to work on is like affirming her attitude as a good thing. Like I'm approving of it. Yet pushing on through the subject is torture at its best. And before someone tells me its the subject and maybe i need to change up what we do in it; It's not. She is having attitude about every thing.

I'm going to go ball up in a corner to cry and pray. Where is my chocolate?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are having a bad day. It *does* happen to all of us.

My kids have no privileges in our house (TV, video games, toys, etc) until all school work and chores get done. That is their "job" and their "pay" is the privilege of using those items.

You might consider taking her on a little "field trip" to visit the places she will be working at with less than a full education.

I have heard of some moms giving their kids a taste of a public school day, beginning with the early wake up, the walk to school, and a full day of academics, with no talking allowed, a short lunch, and little recess.

Sometimes, you just have to plow through the hard days. Keep praying for God's direction in this. *hugs*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...